miércoles, 27 de abril de 2011

SOMETHING MORE THAN HEALTH IN SPORTS

Unfortunately when I was a child I wasn´t a good player in any sports, I must not have been the best soccer player ever and I must not be the best soccer player this season.

I think that if you are a SuperTory and you can run a marathon every days since you are 16 is because there is something special in your body even in your mind (or because you are very hungry :P), for the rest of humanity we have to work hardly to get small improvements, you have to train a lot of time and that´s what I did, I´m sure when I was a child and I wasn´t one of the best players I could have decided to forget about sports in general, BUT what I did was different, is up to you, but my decision was to go on and find my place, and I started to try as a goalkeeper in the soccer team, after that I was the goalkeeper in the handball team, I started with swimming and in last two I have mentioned above, somebody asked me to participate in another level of competition, not just in school. I refused that for different reasons.

 (here you can see SuperTory running to MIT for free chickenwings every monday, and the red cups running away from MIT before SuperTory is coming ;))

I started to know about an ability that is called to be consistent, nobody explain me that but when the harder I work the more I have of it. (Thomas Jefferson). And that is what I have been doing next years so far, I have been running in several competitions, I started with snowboarding, later rollerblading, recently beach volleyball ... and the same in my studies (dont´forget about my Bancaja award for Course work project in 2004), in my jobs, in my private life. If you fell down 7 times you pick yourself up 8 times, restart stronger than before, faster than before. That´s the only way.

I feel good when I do sports, ok is true, after having a shower I feel better, I have learned many different traits from them, not just to be consistent, team player, result oriented, managing people, managing time... all this things that are so needed in business nowadays you find in sports, you can learn almost for free and during all your life enjoying at the same time. You must do sports because of your health and because of your mind, "Mens sana in corpore sano".

But there were more sports since 20/09/1980: basketball, some martial arts,ciclying... That was in the past, I don´t know about my future, I don´t want to start high- risk sports (not bungee jumping Gethin thank you :s), I just want to enjoy in my free time and learn, learn how to be a better person and a better manager.

2 comentarios:

  1. thanks for including me in your post and making me famous!! even though you accused me of eating a lot of alitas... :) I agree with you about sports...they help you learn a lot about yourself and about life! So next time I see you we'll run a marathon together ok?! :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I know you like alitas so much, me too, but here .... are minialitas. I´m training now for the ironman triathlon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon.

    A marathon could be to warm up, hahahhaa, take it easy Tory.

    Pd: Do you want my autograph?? ;)

    ResponderEliminar